Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Twelve Wonderful Years


After twelve wonderful years as Executive Director here at Toxic Free NC, I will be stepping down at the end of 2013. 

This is a big transition for us! But I am delighted to share with you that I will not be leaving the work, or Toxic Free NC. The Board of Directors has graciously created a new staff role for me focused entirely on advocacy for environmental health and justice.

More than ever, I feel a tremendous urgency around the need for toxic chemical reform. Our scientific understanding of how pesticides and other toxic chemicals affect our health and development is staggering. The gap between that science, and our food and chemicals policy in the US, and here in NC, is unacceptable. Children with cancer is unacceptable. Polluted food and water – polluted breastmilk! – are simply unacceptable. These aren’t fringe beliefs. People from across the political spectrum are demanding safer products, and public policy that supports our health and safety. Our moment is now!

As a working mother with two small children, I also feel more acutely than ever the limits to my energy. As Toxic Free NC has grown, we need a Director who can focus on building and managing this dynamic organization. I am thrilled for the chance to return to my first love (well, my first professional love): Winning our advocacy campaigns.

I very much look forward to working with a new Executive Director who will bring fresh energy and approaches to leadership. I am also grateful to all of you for making Toxic Free NC such a rewarding organization of which to be a part. 

Thank you for supporting us, and for sticking with us as we bring on new leadership. Together we are building a stronger future for our health and environment in North Carolina.

In gratitude,

Fawn 

P.S.  Visit this link for the position announcement, and please send extraordinary Executive Director candidates our way!

1 comment:

  1. You have been a wonderful Executive Director and I'm so excited that you'll be spending more time on env health advocacy! We need you in this fight!

    ReplyDelete